· 2-5 lbs beef or chicken bones, roasted
· Veggie scraps (carrot peels, onion peels, garlic skins, celery leaves, kale stems…) you can save these in the freezer until you have enough for a broth
· 2 bay leaves
· 2 TBS apple cider vinegar
· Optional: reishi mushrooms, astragalus sticks, seaweed
· Rinse or parboil bones
· Roast the bones for about half an hour, especially beef bones which can make an acrid tasting broth if not roasted. If you are using a roasted chicken, then simply pick off the meat and save for later.
· Pour off any fat; you can use this to cook with later or to supplement pet food
· Put bones, vegetable scraps, vinegar, herbs and seasonings into the crock pot. Fill with filtered water to cover everything, and put on low.
· Let it simmer for at least 24 hours. I like to simmer mine for 3 days, replenishing water as needed.
· Strain and store in mason jars or ice cube trays in the freezer.
· As a base for delicious and nutritious soup
· As part of your liquid for cooking grains
· As a delicious, healing, warm drink!
· In sauces
· As part of a gut healing protocol
· To help heal from a cold